Effect of enzymes supplementation on non-starch polysaccharides of feed ingredients and performance of broilers
M. CHANDRA REDDY, V. RAMASUBBA REDDY, A. R. NAGESWARA,
S. V. RAMA RAO AND A. S. KESHAV REDDY
College of Veterinary Science
Acharya N. G Ranga Agricultural University
The non-starch polysaccharides (NSP) content of maize, soybean meal (SBM), sunflower meal (SFM) and palm kernel meal (PKM) were analyzed. PKM followed by SFM had higher cellulose (22.3±0.05%, 15.8±0.06%), pentosan (18.6±0.03%, 9.3±0.03%) and total NSP (44.8±0.08%, 29.2±0.10%) content than SBM and maize. SBM contained more cellulose (4.2±0.02%) and total NSP (18.5±0.05%) and slightly less pentosan (4.4±0.04%) than maize (2.7±0.01%, 8.9±0.04% & 5.1±0.02%). Supplementation of any one of the tested commercial (A, B, C) and formulated (D, E) enzyme preparations to these feed ingredients released in vitro significantly (P<0.05) more total sugars than control. However supplementation of these enzyme preparations to maze-soy diet in commercial broilers (6 replicates of 8 broilers each per diet from 1-42 d age) did not the improve the performance in terms of weight gain, feed intake, feed/weight gain, livability, dressing yield, abdominal fat and weight of giblets.